Updated: Aug 23, 2020
In school holidays and after school I love making these amazing muesli bars. They are easy and worth the wait. I eat a gluten free diet and we make homemade recipes like this one all the time. I love cooking and love these bars. I hope you love them too!!
All these ingredients you will find pretty easily in the supermarket. The Activated Buckwheat you will find in a health food store or online. https://m.lovingearth.net/plain-buckinis.html
I encourage you to have a go. Kids like me can make it all by themselves. Not everyone has a dehydrator, so you can use the oven. If you're using an oven, you might need help from an adult.
3 cups of Activated Buckwheat
1/2 cup of Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup of Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup of Dried Fruit (sultanas)
2 tbsp of Honey
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
18 Medjool Dates
1 tsp of Cinnamon Ground
1 tsp of Ground Cloves
1 Apple (diced)
Half a Lemon (juiced)
1. Put all the ingredients into the bowl except the dates.
2. Take the seeds out of the dates and put them in a blender. Add 1/3 cup of water so it can mix easier. Mix well until there are no chunks (making a date paste)
3. Tip it into the bowl and mix well.
4. Get an oven or a dehydrator tray and something to help make the shapes. We use a silicone egg ring.
5. Scoop out the mixture and put them into the shape.
6. Put them in the dehydrator for 48hrs on approx 46 degrees celsius. If you are using an oven, bake for approx 2-3 hrs on 100 degrees celsius.
7. Take them out on the dehydrator/oven and put them in an airtight container.
8. There’s your supply of crunchy bars!
Prep time: 20 mins
Servings: Approx 20
The dehydrator that we have is this one (Excalibur):